Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hang on Tight

Today was the big day! I knew this morning and I waited all day for news.

I tried to concentrate on writing.

I tried to concentrate on reading.

I tried to concentrate on meals and caring for my children.

It is hard to wait!

Then, the news came. The baby has arrived. She's a girl!! Mom and baby are fine. Praise God.

Now I can breathe again.

Sometimes God asks us to wait. He's working out His character in us. Patience. Character. Long-suffering. The challenge is to trust God through the whole process. Knowing by faith that what He promised He will do. He's faithful.

If you've been waiting on God, hang in there. Someday it'll all make sense, even if that someday isn't on this side of eternity.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans for good and not for evil. To give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

He will not let you down. Even if things seem to go haywire, He will turn everything out for good. (Romans 8:28) Just hang on to Him. That's part of the point of the waiting.

Hang on tight.

No comments: