Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Fantastic Book

Hey readers, I just finished a great book. Maureen Lang's "The Oak Leaves" is fantastic. She'll be visiting later this week. But, to whet your appetite, here's my review of her book:

“The Oak Leaves” is a fantastic read. I wasn’t sure what to expect reading this book and have to admit, I generally read Christian romance. However, this book carried so many layers and elements, I was blessed beyond what I predicted when I picked it up for the first time. The cover is unassuming, and for those of us who judge a book by its cover, you might be fooled. This book has a way of reaching beyond our preconceptions into our paradigms and unraveling what we thought we knew. Ms. Lang helps the reader see the value in every life, no matter the level of productivity of the person involved. She helps us see, as parents, that love is more important than any anomaly. I was moved by her story very deeply, especially the aspect of God overcoming what some had called “the curse” with His blessing. I highly recommend this book to every reader. You’ll be surprised how it will touch you. I read a lot of fiction and rarely finish a book with this kind of transformation having taken place. Hats off to Maureen Lang for her transparency and willingness to share this story with us.

Hope you can pick up a copy.

No comments: