Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday


Oh, Jesus...

Thank You for Good Friday, for Your sacrifice of love on my behalf. For your mercy and grace in my life everyday. That I can know You and have life more abundantly. When I believe in You, open my heart to Your love and receive Your gift of salvation and forgiveness, I can be saved and forgiven.

Because of Your gift
I can have hope

Because of Your life
I can have life more abundantly

Because of Your sacrifice
I can know love--the true love of God

Because You died in my place
I can know God--the Creator and the One who is altogether holy

Because of Your perfection
I can be covered in righteousness, rather than the shame of my sin

Because of Your victory
I can be free

Because of Your grace
I can be free of condemnation

Because of Your Gethsemane
I can know paradise

I praise You, Jesus. You are holy and pure. You died in my place, bearing every ounce of shame that my sin wrought. Where would I be without you? Lost. Hopeless.

Thank You for the cross.

No comments: