Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Passion for Jesus


The intensity comes and goes, but I wish it were constant.

Ever tried to cook something over an unreliable flame? Like cooking over a campfire? The heat's intensity fluctuates and oy! It's not like cooking at home. But even that can be challenging. Try baking cookies according to the instructions in my oven! I have to drop the temp 50-degrees and leave 'em in longer to get the desired effect (which is pretty much charcoal free!). With special care, they come out chewy and perfectly browned. Consistently.

With some special care, my heart's passion for Jesus can be consistent, too. Right now, my printer's buzzing with multiple pages of teaching notes spooling through. The notes are from a recent conference in Kansas City, Missouri, through the Friends of the Bridegroom ministry. I couldn't make the conference, but I can dig into these notes and absorb as much as possible, praying through and letting the Holy Spirit fill me up.

I wanna be consistent. I want to be passionate for Jesus and have His thoughts on my heart. But it's going to take some nurturing. He's invisible, and we can sometimes overlook Him. But if you're like me, you need Him. A lot.

Good news: He wants to fill you--flood you--with His love and joy so you can testify to others of His goodness and they'll desire Him, too. John Piper's phrase is my favorite:
God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him.

Here's to being satisfied in Jesus and sharing the hope He offers with others.

No comments: