Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Free Christmas Presents


~ Snow falling all around us, arms raised, head back, tongue catching the clusters.

~ The wonder on my child's face as she watched the snow fall.

~ Singing carols with fellow believers.

~ Piano music playing softly "O Come all Ye Faithful."

~ Lights twinkling on the Christmas tree.

~ Crisp, quiet evenings in December.

~ The crunch of ice under my boots.

~ December evenings spent with friends, sipping cocoa and chatting while candles flicker in every direction and a fire crackles in the fireplace.

~ Singing along to Christmas CDs in the car

~ Seeking Jesus in the midst of the busy-ness of this season. Feasting on His Word.

~ Decorating the house with Christmas lights.

~ Baking Christmas treats with the kids.

~ The palpable excitement in the air, especially around children.

Celebrating every free Christmas blessing this season!

2 comments:

Dawn Kinzer said...

So true . . . and it seems the older I get, the more I appreciate the free gifts. :)

Rachel Hauck said...

Hey, thanks for nominating me. I'll pass it on next week when book is done!

Love lots,
Rachel