Thursday, February 26, 2009

Everywhere I Look



Overnight we had a snowfall here. The sun hasn’t completely risen, but I can already see the snowy branches of several cedars in the neighborhood. The laurels are covered, the ground, rooftops. It’s beautiful. I sit in my writing office, with windows on two walls, and whether I look to the left or the right, the view is beautiful.

If only God were as easy for everyone to see.

One thing I have desired of the LORD
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
(Psalm 27:4, NKJV)

I look for the Lord in every situation, because I have a relationship with Him. That, and I know He works in every circumstance. Everyone in our region will awaken to snow this morning and not be able to miss our covering of white. Even if their physical eyes are blind, they’ll hear about the snow. But not everyone will seek to see God this morning.

As I’m typing, snow has started to fall again. It’s quiet here in this room, except for the hum of my computer’s fan. Quiet and peaceful, like the presence of God at times. And beautiful. I want to be so attuned to the Lord’s beauty and presence that I can see Him everywhere I look. I long to behold more of His beauty. I pray you will see Him at work in your life. That each of us, will in some way, behold the beauty of the Lord today.

No comments: