Friday, March 13, 2009

Banquet



Banquet. What a great word. Say it out loud. Hmmm... lovely. When I was a child, my family's church offered annual events called "Mother/Daughter" banquets or "Father/Son" banquets. Dressing up, delicious food, special time with Mom.

The American Christian Fiction Writers hosts an annual awards banquet during their conference. I love this special time of dressing up, enjoying fellowship, a fantastic meal and applauding the successes of my peers.

When was the last time you attended a banquet?

Jesus promises us a banquet with Him.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me. (Rev 3:20, MKJV)

It's an invitation to come know Him, to feast on His goodness. It's an invitation to a banquet with the King of kings.

Here's one more:

He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love. (Song 2:4 MKJV)

Do you ever feel lonely, unloved or unlovable? Jesus offers you a feast in His presence. His banner is already love over you. But we won't experience that if don't open ourselves. How? Just say to Him, "Jesus, I want to experience Your love in deeper ways. I want to be free in You and I want to enjoy Your presence. Take me to the banqueting house, sing over me. Show me your love again and again."

Amen.

No comments: