Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Alone


Isn’t it nice to know you’re not alone?

As I’m writing that I’m thinking someone is reading this who has no family around them. They’re thinking, “That’s fine for them; I am alone.” Or someone will read this and think “I’m surrounded by family and I wish I was alone. I’d rather be alone.” I hear you.

But, God never intended for us to go it alone. He never meant for people to live independent of fellowship, excluded from loving relationships. God Himself, as the Trinity, exists in a loving relationship. He means for us to have that with Him and with others.

And even if you are by yourself, you’re never truly alone. God is present everywhere, and He promised His people, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” The original intent there is very strong: “I will never ever leave you. I will never ever forsake you. Never.” Amen.

You are not alone.

No comments: