Monday, March 15, 2010

God's Assignments


There are a million things I need to do today. Stress overwhelms me, if I let it. Clean the house. Tackle the laundry. Rewrites on two manuscripts. Blog x 4. Garden. Cook. Parent. Train the pet. Etc. Time rushes by. Daylight Savings Time throws me for a loop, confirming society's need to rush.

But what does God have for me in this moment? in this day?

Maybe I give in too readily to the pressure of all I see which needs doing. The bully burden stomps up to me, and I willingly accept its yoke.

It's time to reword that opening line: “There are a million things I think I need to do today.”

And it's time to pray--

Lord, what do You have for me to accomplish today? Where should I spend my limited amount of time? What's Your priority?

I'm off to listen for His answer . . . Here's to a satisfying day following the Lord.

2 comments:

Pastor Parato said...

I'm hearing the same message, Annette!

Annette M. Irby said...

I think busy-ness and a misinformed sense of obligation really wear us down. Time to get our marching orders from the Lord. :) Thanks for reading.