Monday, May 7, 2012

A Tribute to Mom


 

My mom may never see this post. She’s not an internet kind of person. She doesn’t blog or have a Facebook profile. She doesn’t e-mail. But she has just taken up texting, which is a treat. 

The older I get, the more I think about how much like her I am. I’m the age she was when I was a teen. And raising my teens reminds me of her. I see pictures of those long-ago days (long, long ago *wink) and realize my perspective was so naïve then. Normal, I know.

Mom and I had a great rapport as I was nearing the time I’d leave the nest. Thank God it began to occur to me before the ripe old age of eighteen (when I moved out for good) that she was one of the most important people in my life. I cherished those moments. And I know, now that I’ve got kiddos nearing the edge of my nest, that she was probably cherishing the same moments from her perspective.

So, here’s a tribute to my hard-working, seldom-complaining, loving, faithful and faith-filled, nurturing mom. I’m so grateful for your gentle care in my life. You taught me how to be a tender mother. Thank you for all of your sacrifices. For committing your children to God. For your prayers. Your legacy carries on, even now.

No comments: