Monday, March 8, 2010

God Is For You


Recently, my preschooler looked so worried and insecure, I had to stop everything, make eye contact, and let her know I was for her. I knew how to meet her needs, and I would.

God wants to do the same in your circumstances today.

The LORD is for me, I will not fear; (Psalm 118:6)

Sometimes in the middle of a stressful situation, we forget who’s on our side. Or in this case Who’s on our side.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)

Our new dog seems intent on proving himself to us over and over. Excitedly running from person to person. Looking up at us as if he needs our acceptance. Now, I don’t know much about doggy psychology. Does the fact than in his short life he’s had two previous homes mean he’s nervous we’ll give him away, too? Perhaps. Wish he would relax and know we accept him. We chose him from the humane society. We already love him.

Do you know you’re accepted? And chosen? God isn’t going to one day give up on you and reject you. He is a good Father, a faithful Husband. And you belong to Him. You don’t have to go out of your way to prove yourself to Him. Just let Him love on you. Know He’s for you. And He will provide for you.

God is for you.

No comments: