Monday, August 9, 2010

Walking by Faith


How much do you enjoy walking by faith?

Stretches ya, doesn't it?

God asks you to take that leap and you survey the depths before you. Or, at least that's the temptation.

But He's just asking us to jump. Leave the rest to Him.

I get to practice that in the season ahead. He's been very clearly leading me to take some risks and walk by faith and not by sight.

Thing is, I can't see what's in front of me. I can only guess, and so often fears cloud the truth of what's out there.

Only God can see and since He’s directing my steps and He is loving, I can trust Him to see to my needs and the needs of those counting on me. He’s faithful.

Next time God asks you to take a leap of faith, remind yourself how faithful He is.

If we do not believe Him, yet He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
(2 Tim 2:13)

Don’t ya love that? He is a faithful God, no matter what. He can’t deny that part of His nature. He will take care of things for you.

Just follow.

Just leap!

No comments: