Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Favorites

I picked up my smart phone today to call my husband. Cool thing about this phone is you don't have to scroll through all the numbers or worry about assigning speed dial. I can click on “favorites” and he’s right at the top of the list. Moments later we’re talking.

Got me thinking, who’s at the top of my heart’s favorites list?

One of the things that determines positioning on the favorites list is how often you speak to the other person via the phone (they call you or you call them). My husband’s first.

If my soul had a favorites list, would Jesus be first?

I was calling my husband with a question and good news.

Whom do you call first?

When you’re wondering about something or worried about something, do you pick up the phone or drop to your knees?

When you’re excited about something, when a breakthrough hits, do you pick up the phone or shout praises to God?

Is Jesus first on your favorites list?

2 comments:

Miawa said...

Amen to that! I love the analogy to "favorites list",something the tech-world relates to.

Annette M. Irby said...

Thanks, Miawa! So true. Thanks for reading. God bless you.