Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer

Looks like summer is finally here in the Northwest. Sunny days. Warmer temps. Just in time for school to start.

We visited family in another state recently and their temps were much warmer than what we're used to. Made me grateful for our cooler weather. And while I bemoaned the air conditioner not being set cool enough, I realized I'd been complaining too much about the summer-less weather back home. 

Sometimes it takes a change to see our behavior for what it is. I'm actually very comfortable this year with the high temperature rising to about 73. I love it. A few years ago we had 100+ temps, a very rare occurence here, for a week. We about melted into puddles. *grin* So, this has actually been a preferred way to spend summer. 

I'm sure there are other areas in my life that need work, and I can count on God to keep showing me. He's great about that. He shows us how we need to change and then He gets us there. 

Are you willing to change? 

4 comments:

Annette M. Irby said...

Of course today is cloudy and cool... maybe I spoke too soon. *wink*

Dawn Kinzer said...

I'm a firm believer that if we're not willing to change, we'll become stagnant. I don't want to remain in one place where life has potential to become boring. I want to constantly grow, and with growth, comes change.

Did you know there was an ancient tribe who believed the worst curse they could put on a person was for that person to never change - to remain the same? When I read that it made a lasting impression on me.

Thank goodness, God is desiring and willing to help us make important changes in our lives.

Angie A. said...

We always think the grass is always greener, don't we? At least until we get there! Change is difficult; it pushes us out of our comfort zone. It's like we back at our first day of school.

But thankfully we're not alone. God always goes with us - when we're being led by Him.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful post, Annette.

Australian Diamonds Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.