Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Women of Faith, Part Two


Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God? 
(from Romans 11:33 MSG)

That was the scripture for this year’s Women of Faith gathering: Over the Top. My friend and I had a great time worshiping, hearing the teachings, enjoying each other’s company. 

Others have shared their WofF experiences with me, but I still didn’t know exactly what to expect. I’d never attended a Women of Faith gathering before. What a delight to go and pal around with a buddy in the welcoming atmosphere. 

I’d heard of Patsy Clairmont, but never heard her speak before. She’s a hoot! Loved seeing Lisa Welchel and Selah in person. The music was great! Mandissa is so talented, as was the worship team that traveled with the women. You wouldn’t expect to see a male speaker at a Women of Faith gathering, but after listening to the wisdom of Andy Andrews, I know why they included him. 

One of the highlights for me was listening to Sandi Patty sing. She really impressed me twenty years ago. As a vocalist, I was so impressed by her soprano range. So, seeing her in person for the first time, was delightful. 

If you haven’t gone to a Women of Faith gathering, I highly recommend it. God will meet you there and speak directly to you. My friend and I were nodding as we listened because God specifically met each of us. We laughed and cried (especially in regards to the child sponsorships). A great weekend!

2 comments:

Everything Changes said...

My sis-in-law keeps after me to go. The only thing that holds me back is tiny seats in a crowded stadium!

Annette M. Irby said...

Hey E.C., I thought it'd be horrible, too, but if you get an aisle seat and try not to bring too much to carry with you, that'll really help. We were on the aisle. The first night is open seating. You could try that at least. :)