Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Steady Heart


Ever go through a season that really tests your mettle? Yeah, I’m sure you have. Me too. So, what gets you through those seasons?

Kari Jobe has a new album called Where I Find You. Her first song is called Steady My Heart. I’ve put the YouTube link below.

I don’t have all the answers but I know this: Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He imparts peace when we press in. I’ve had to press in during painful, uncertain seasons in my life. But those seasons gave me courage for the following seasons of trial. And the fruit of those earlier tests is that there is more peace the next time. Reminds me of James 1:2-4--

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (NKJV)

If you’re in a trial right now, my prayer for you is that you’ll have His peace that passes understanding. I encourage you to press in to God and find His peace. He’ll speak to you through His word, giving you hope and assurance. Hang in there, because no matter how things look right now, God has good plans!

Here's the link to the song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog:)

Ruthie said...

Well said. Great post! God bless you!

~Ruthie

http://www.fromruthiescorner.blogspot.com/