Thursday, January 24, 2008

Value

I can’t help myself. I will get back to my scheduled series soon, but this couldn’t wait. Today, the verse displayed at the bottom of this blog was one that has come up three times this week, in different contexts and I can’t let it pass without saying this:

You are valuable to the Lord.

Very valuable.


Do you ever doubt that? If I fully believed the Lord valued me as much as I’ve heard He does, I’d:
  • Live more freely
  • Love more openly
  • Trust more completely
  • Soar higher
  • Give more generously
  • Worry less
  • Care more deeply
  • Live without fear

Jesus said:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. " (Luke 11:6-7, NKJV)

He’s saying, you don’t have to worry about your life, because God the Father values you. I read in Genesis this morning of Sarai’s servant Hagar. She was pregnant with Ishmael and had treated Sarai with contempt, so Sarai (Sarah) treated her harshly. Hagar ran away and God met her. He gave her promises and comfort and direction. She began calling Him from that day “El-Roi,” the God who sees.

God sees you. He knows. He cares. And all that because He values you. A lot. Challenge yourself. Do you believe this? Truly? What would change in your life if you did?

No comments: