Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Being Clean

I am sooo happy to do laundry this week! Last week, our washing machine’s timer blew and then the beast emitted a burning motor odor as it chugged away on its last load before giving up the will to live.

So we ordered a new one; it arrived yesterday. Right now, it waits like a race horse, pawing at the linoleum floor, waiting for the dryer to finish its current basketful so I can run a new load through both machines. Oh, the joys of humming laundry equipment.

In prayer this morning, as God met me in His Word and in worship, I drew near. I came away from my private moments with the Lord feeling clean and loved.

For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Heb 9:13-14, NKJV)

Like fresh-smelling sheets for my toddler’s bed, our lives can be free from the odors of our sin before God. He cleanses us as we get into His presence, read His Word and worship Him. He grants us a clean conscience. What a gift! Just like salvation, it’s right there waiting for us to come and meet with God.

No comments: