Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lovesickness



My heart is overflowing with a good theme;
I recite my composition concerning the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
(Psalm 45:1)

Trying to think of flowery words or pleasing prose this morning isn’t working. But I long to express my lovesickness to the King.

Jesus, my Beloved, beautiful One, words fail.

My heart and soul long for You, for Your presence, not just for what You do or what You can give, but for Who You are to me:

Merciful God, who saw my need and came as a
Loving Savior and died for me so You could draw me close and become
My Friend who listens and speaks revelation that You are
The Bridegroom and I am a member of Your bride

Closer, Love, so I may hear Your heartbeat, see Your eyes, know You more and more.

No comments: