Thursday, May 17, 2007

Private Life in God

She's doing it again. My toddler has now begun, again, to take my face in her little hands and give me kisses. When she was about five months old (maybe younger), she would take my face in her hands and bring her open mouth close to me. (I wrote about this in Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Mothers and Daughters--"What's the Word", 2007.) Well, she's doing it again, only this time with a more controlled "kiss." What a punkin!

Reminds me. I have special ways of interacting with the Lord. During my quiet times I meet with Him in certain ways (some familiar and some new). Those private interactions are just between Him and me. Do you have special words or phrases or prayer patterns--using your imagination to meet with Jesus--in your own private life with Him? That is something no one can take away.

When I was a child one day it struck me. Okay, all these adults are telling me to sit still and be quiet. But I can yell as loudly as I want to in my head. Okay, so it's a little rebellious. Here's my point. You can have as much of God as you want. Go after Him and nurture your private life in Him. It's eternal and will be fruitful with His goodness as you pursue Him.

God bless you.

No comments: