Sunday, November 1, 2009

His Sanctuary


Last week, during my devotional time, I studied a fascinating truth. Do you ever do this? Word studies in your Scripture reading? My current Bible does not list cross references. So for the past several years I've made a hobby of connecting Scriptures, hand writing verses I feel relate in the margins of my Bible. It's fun!

Well, last Monday I took a look at this truth: God is looking for a sanctuary. That's amazing! He's God. He created everything that exists. Yet He is looking for a place to rest.

Here's the best part. You're it!

For the LORD has chosen Zion;
He has desired it for His dwelling place:
“This is My resting place forever;
Here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
Psalm 132:13-14

Since God in-dwells born-again believers, you can insert your name where it reads “Zion.”

“The Lord has chosen ____. He has desired her/him for His dwelling place.”

Look how else YOU are described in the Bible:

Like a lily among thorns, So is my love among the daughters.
(Song of Songs 2:2)

In a world where God is constantly rejected by people, imagine the joy of one person’s “yes” to His intentions, His heart, His indwelling. You offer that. You are a desirable dwelling place for God. A sanctuary.

Imagine that.

No comments: