Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's So True, He Repeats Himself


When was the last time you saw portions of a Bible verse bolded in your Bible? Or underlined (before you took a pencil in hand to underscore something)? You've probably noticed Bible passages don't include bold or underline. When God wanted to emphasize something, He repeated Himself.

This morning, as I read the following verse and tried to soak in all the affirmation I believe God was pouring over me, He said, "This is so true, I repeated Myself."

Let this bless you today. No matter what you think your status is with God, no matter how human (read: imperfect) you've been this week, as a believer, you are His beloved. God sees you through the righteousness of Christ.

Believe it.

It's so true, He repeated it for emphasis:

Behold, you are beautiful, My love;
behold, you are beautiful;

you have doves’ eyes.

(Song of Songs 1:15, ModernKJV)

No comments: