Thursday, May 13, 2010

Laughter is Love


To me, laughter is love. To make someone laugh is to express how much I care for them. Dr. Chapman missed that one in his Five Love Languages ;D but I’ll forgive him. Tee hee.

It all started with my father. He has such a great sense of humor. He wanted to be the life of the party. He would tell stories and rally people around him to listen and laugh. And no one tells a story like he does. Maybe that’s why I’m a story-teller (read: writer) today. Anyway, that sparkle in his eyes, the tears of many chuckles spilling into the room. Can’t beat it.

Does Jesus make you laugh? Sometimes in our conversations, He makes me laugh out loud. Watch out. That crazy looking woman, laughing when “no one” is around is likely me, conversing with my best Friend.

So thankful God meets me in personable ways, speaking to me and loving me through our relationship, including laughter. Glory to Him.

When was the last time you laughed? It’s great medicine. Let go and laugh!

No comments: