Sunday, May 30, 2010

Worry or Worship



Heard some bad news the other day. Don’tcha hate when that happens? Things are moving along just fine, and then, here comes some bad news. Kinda unsettles everything.

But I did something I don’t usually do. This is only by the grace of God, I know, because it’s taken a long time to get to this point, but I didn’t respond the way I usually do. Normally, I start to complain or point blame. This time? I said something to the effect that God has something good coming. He’ll turn it around. He’s up to something good. He’ll get us through.

You’ve heard problems are just opportunities in disguise. Opportunities to grow and rise to the challenge, practice problem solving.

But I think they’re also opportunities to remember God.

Remember, He got you through last time.

Remember, He has you in His hands.

Remember, He’ll hold you close.

Remember, He’s a great big God. He is King and supreme. He reigns over every circumstances. His promises will prevail. Delay is not denial.

Call to mind how big He is. Engage with Him. Speak about how good He is. Sing about how great He is, about His faithfulness. You’ll get a different view when you worship Him. Your problems are tamed in His presence, brought down to size.

I’m challenged to keep this up. I believe God will help me. Instead of worrying, worship. God will get you through.

No comments: