Sunday, May 9, 2010

If You've Ever . . .

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading Net's Notes today.

I love watching my kids grow and relate differently at different stages. This blesses me, especially when they cross over into territory I haven't seen before. Maturity. Kindness. Selflessness. Makes me one proud mama.

I know we don't often talk about God's Fatherly love on Mother's Day, but if you've ever snuggled your baby a little longer at bedtime just because, that's a picture of God's love for you.

If you've ever made up a song about your child, that's a picture of God's love for you. He sings over us.

If you've ever watched junior act on a new lesson and felt pride, I believe that's a picture of God's being pleased with you as His child.

If you've ever laughed at your child's antics in pure pleasure, I believe that is like God's pleasure in us.

And if you've ever simply enjoyed the company of your child, I believe that's a picture of God's enjoyment of us as members of His family.

If you're a mother, watch for those glimpses of God's nurturing heart, His love for YOU as His child.

No comments: