Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Believe in Passion

That got your attention, I imagine. :) Here's what I mean. I believe God is a passionate God. His passion drew Him to the cross. Jesus died for you because He was desperate for a relationship with you and because He is a merciful God who alone held the solution for your otherwise insurmountable problem (sin-induced distance from God). I'm so glad He did. I love when He demonstrates His passion for people.

And I believe He gives us a taste of passion in our relationships. A mother who would die for her children. A father who would die for his family. A brother's love. The bond of sisters. A husband and wife who love each other with abandon, cherishing, respecting.

This week, I've had Christian romance author Julie Lessman as a guest at Net's Book Notes. She writes passionate fiction. I respect her and her calling. Click over and read our interview.


If you leave a comment over there, you'll be entered in our drawing for your choice of her books, autographed. (Daughters of Boston series--A Passion Most Pure, A Passion Redeemed, or A Passion Denied).

I'll hold the drawing late tonight (6/11). Please leave your email address: name (at) wherever (dot) com. Here's the link again: www.annetteirbyreviews.blogspot.com

No comments: