Monday, August 31, 2009

Power to Change

I can't change on my own, not the deep down stuff, the foundational elements of my life. Sometimes I don't even know why I do what I do. Can you relate with that?

Recently I've been going through a season of introspection and self discovery--learning things about myself that I didn't know were there, reasons for why I behave the way I do. And some of it's not pretty. ;-)

That long list of not-so-good things could be truly depressing, if:

I didn't know God can change me from the inside out. Indeed, that's where He does some of His best work.

I couldn't look back and see where He's already changed me in my life, from one person into a totally different person, on the inside.

I didn’t already have a list of things I used to do.

I couldn’t say “I’m not the same person I used to be.”

I didn’t know He’s at work right now changing me even more.

And especially if I didn’t believe that no matter our age or how long us humans have been stuck in a certain behavioral or thought pattern, God can change us!

Gives me hope, especially as I’m staring at a long list of things I’d rather not list.

Giving glory to God today because He is the power in me that brings change. Thank God.

2 comments:

Dawn Kinzer said...

Great post, Annette!

I believe we always need to be changing - cause there's always room to grow and become better. We'll never be done changing. If we were, think of the boring, stagnant life we'd lead. LOL

You're right. We need God's help in making those deep down changes.
But the wonderful thing is that God is more than willing to do His part. And those changes are the most valuable. :-)

Hugs!

Annette M. Irby said...

Thanks, Dawn.

I totally agree. And I didn't mention this in the post, but we do have a choice--we can just chose not to change. But even in that, we would indeed change--we'd become cold and hard-hearted. Not a preferred destination. :)

Thanks for reading, sis.